Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Mauna After....

So, here I am in my favorite coffee shop, Coffee Caliente, in Long Beach recapping my first mauna of my life. Yes, of my life. I was born making noise so me being in the womb doesn't count. I noticed things about myself that I have never noticed before during my inner-calm. I heard my heart beating for the 1st time in years. I did hear it break February 23rd but a beat is much more easy to hear than a break. I noticed that Starbucks really does have horrible coffee. I've learned that I am more patient then I give myself credit for. I am more aware of my surroundings. I've observed that the less I talk, the more I actively ......listen. Not that I didn't know this before but mauna observance intensifies it a bit. One great thing that really came to light for me is......it's ok to be quiet. Quiet as in 'still'...as in 'placid'....as in 'serene'. Now that's a whole different kind of quiet. I'm coming to the conclusion that there is an art to being quiet & still. It takes practice, skill, determination, and patience. What? Patience? Yeah, I just found that I have more than I thought. Weird.

I'm looking forward to my next mauna, so excited that I'm bringing someone with me. Who will it be? Will it be you? Come on, don't be scared. It's only silence.

//signed//
The More Aware Cat's Meow

No comments: