Friday, April 1, 2011

Three Times the Charm

     As many of you know, especially if you follow me, that I am on a quest to rejuvenating my spirituality (if you don't know, read previous post then come back to this one and keep the hell up!). I am Buddhist and yes we believe in the powers of the mind and the universe contrary to Christian belief. We try not to focus on that. Too much focus on deities makes one forget about living, IMHO.
     Yesterday, on my inspirational & meditational visit to Pacific Palisades's Lake Shrine, TPTB (The Powers That Be) decided 2 visit me once again. About 15 minutes in meditation, the leader asked us to use the rest of this time to speak to TPTB from our hearts while focusing on our breathing. I began to speak. "What do YOU need me to do? How do I know it's you speaking and not me answering myself? You sent a sign telling me that you listen to me but you didn't tell me what to do. What do I do?" An assertive voice from inside proposed, "Be still."  "Ok," I say, "is that my voice I hear or is that you? I need you to appear like right now or else I'm gonna think I'm crazy! Do ya hear me?" I left it at that. Meditation ended. Though I was perplexed, I enjoyed meditation. I had not sat with an erect spine, closed eyes and in silence in a very long time. Exiting the Windmill Chapel with my SNUGGIE in tow, deep in thought & highly spirited, I run upon this sign:
What on earth is going on?! LOL Ok Universe! This is the 3rd time this has been 'yelled' to me. Ok Ok already! I looketh to the skies again from wence cometh my....answer.Now I know it wasn't me answering myself. This sign was nowhere to be found during my previous visit to the garden. I was dumbfounded. "You keep telling me to be still but what the heck do you mean? I'm not moving!" Now that I know TPTB is hearing me, maybe I should ask what is meant by "Be still". I'm not moving or at least I don't think I am but you know Heaven. Their terminology is totally different from ours. My 'still' aint their 'still' if you catch my drift. Yeah, I think you do.



//signed//
The Impatiently BEing Still Cat's Meow

2 comments:

Byron said...

You can not be impatient and still at the same time. To be still, I believe, is to empty your mind of all the thoughts racing through it, to let go of all your thoughts of this world...what to eat...what to wear...what about my future, my past, my love life , my career and on and on. It means empty your thoughts of SELF and dwell upon the Lord. To focus on Him and be reminded of the glory that he is. It means Peace for a moment or for a lifetime...a peace that passes all understanding...a constant comfort that he is in charge and trust in HIM and Relax.
xxoo

Anonymous said...

You sound a bit restless My Dear.