Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm Not A Kid Anymore But Sum Days I Sit & Wish I Was A Kid Again...

     The longer we live and the more mature we get, there will be reminders that will make us sit and wish we were kids again *in my Ahmad voice*. Lollipops & candy stops or a fast ride down a slip-n-slide. Base stealing and big wheeling; kool-aid toasting or rollercoasting makes us long for the days when we had no rent to pay, no car to gas up, no job to hate & no calories to count. These were the days when you recieved things that you don't get as adults. Today is one of those days. I only experienced Valentine's Day as a kid. I miss those hard ass "Be Mine" candies. They were full of calories, carbs and sometimes love. It was puppy love grant it but at least it meant something. These were the days where you got lil cards from your favorite friends instead of Valentine's Day text messages or links on your Facebook page.
     Funny thing is, these are the only Valentine Days I remember. I never had one as an adult. I've wished for one, two or a few but I never got them. Even when I had a boo I didn't have a Valentine's Day and that usually meant I had no bornday from him either. They are nearly one in the same. Now you know that's dreadful to have a boo but not have a V Day! Damn that's pitiful! LOL  It was always the "I forgot" or "It's here already? (insert fake ass shock face)" or "Babe it's not working. It's not you, it's me" bullshit like a week before the big day. Let's not mention the ones who tried to return to the relationship on like February 20th. Nah Boo, if it wasn't "working" on Feb 7th then the 20th won't be any different.
     I try and stay in the house on this day and celebrate my birthday the whole month including weekends. Why the whole month? Shit I was shorted! Short month (28 days duh!), Black History month, Valentine's and President's Day all rolled in that one month? Shit I deserve to celebrate 28 days (sometimes 29). I don't go to the movies that day, I don't go out to eat, I don't go to the park and I don't visit any place where couples dwell. Now, before you get to ranting and issuing out unsolicited advice, just know that I love me. I love me all the time. I take me on dates, I spoil me, buy me flowers, kiss me at night and the whole nine. I do it damn near all year. Valentine's Day is just a reminder that I do all of this stuff for me and me alone. When will someone else do this shit? LOL I love flowers from others too. I don't want to pay for the meal ALL the time and I'd love for someone to make the day about ME. Can someone else cook ME a meal? Shit I like to eat too damnit! lol Yeah, it is just another day when you get down to it but it's a day set aside for your boo  or for you and damnit I wanna be set aside too! I wanna be spoiled and have that "Ah honey you shouldn't have" (grabs flowers) moment 2! I, too, like songs dedicated to me on a special day. Shit this is one of the reasons I don't like going to the movies on VDay or any day. Mofos always in there holding hands and necking and shit. Get a damn room! Don't nobody wanna see alladat...if they aint doing it too! *rolls eyes* Oh and please don't get on that "Wait" and "Patience. He'll be here" bullshit either. I think my whole adult life w/o a Valentine's is patient enough. How much waiting u want a bish to do? I mean the first 8 yrs in adulthood I never thought about it, expected it or anything so don't go there.
So, last year I actually decided to stop praying for a mate or a Valentine's Day. That way when I don't get one, it'll be cuz I haven't asked. Silly huh? SO! Don't judge me! 3 yrs ago, I prayed for the 2 most important people in my life to have mates. They deserve it. They have boos now. Seems like that's the only prayer that will ever be answered in my life. LMAO It's all good I guess. As long as my two besties have boos then I'll be okay.  I can always just live vicariously thru them. I'm supposed to right? hahah Anyway, I won't beat a dead horse. I just wanted to speak on how I feel today. If you have a Valentine today I am happy for you (I still hate u too tho lmao). But seriously, it is a great thing to be loved and set aside. If you have a boo and love them dearly, make Valentine's Day everyday.  *sighs*
On that note, I'ma rehearse my lines for the show. Now everybody say: I remember way back when.
I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day.

//signed//
The Cat's Purr
*skips off--when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore, but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again*

No comments: