Monday, February 1, 2010

You Go Gurl!

Today marks the month of MY Bornday! And this week, I'd like 2 challenge the ladies to encourage two deserving women a day thru encouragement, inspiration or a paying a compliment. Often times we fail to appreciate or acknowledge our fellow sisters whether we have time or we forget or we do so in silence. In our minds we may say "That sistah is doing the damn thang!" but try to say that shit out loud why don'tcha? It works wonders! We are quick to vocalize our disapproval of what she's wearing, what she's said, her un-Diva like actions or her attitude or the way she thinks. A lot of times I hear the, "Black women are the only race of women that tear each other down." This is NOT so! This happens amongst every race of women be they African American, Latino, Caucasian or the Asain Persuasions. Can we do more uplifting and less tearing down? Yes, we can. I've seen it happen countless of times. I love it when a woman compliments another woman. It gives me the warm fuzzies inside. Men, for some reason can't do that and if they do it's the "Hey man, those shoes are tight, NO HOMO." What the hell is that shit all about? I'll save that answer for another blog.
Ladies, let's share out positive thoughts about each other loud and proud this week. Post it on Facebooks, Myspaces, at the Walmart or at the mall, in the car next to you or walking down the street! Tell your coworker that you love her hair if you truly like it. Tell your neighbor that she looks FIERCE in those heels. Thank the cashier at McDonald's for getting your order in so promptly. If you see a woman coming towards you on the street and you feel her positive spirit and you think she's beautiful, be vocal about your thoughts. Make another sistahs day for a change. And if you so happen to run into anyone that doesn't like it, you tell them to come and see me!

I am the CAT'S MEOW and I've approved this message!

//signed//
The Cat's Meow

1 comment:

The Black Kat said...

I love this post! A lot of folks would rather search for a reason to try to tear someone down, rather than lift someone up. I will tell you straight up, that I love it more when a female compliments me, than a male... because once upon a time, that *ish used to be a rarity! It feels good from both, though.

You & I, however, have been able to compliment each other from the jump. I love that, too! Now um... can I get my durn BUNDT cake, please?!! Sheesh!